Translate

Thursday, April 2, 2009

my Lucques story

on the right hand side of my blog is a list of my favorite links - somewhat
and each link has a personal story behind it

i'll go through each link - in no particular order...... over the next few weeks or so

the year was 1999 or maybe 1998 - and i had moved from vegas - i was working at one of Wolfgang Puck's restaurant - chinois - in the ceasar forum shops - around the corner from spago.....

so that job only lasted a few weeks - the pay was bad but i still think that they wanted me to quit - and i obliged

so i moved to los angeles and lived with my brother - i applied at a few places - but one day i saw this really small classified ad - and drove down to west hollywood - and actually went to the wrong restaurant and the hostess said - oh you want the restaurant next door - so the interview process was strange - i got interviewed by the sous chef - she asked me how i made mashed potatoes and took my picture - suzanne goin looked over my resume and that was short and sweet - i went home - made some sundried tomato focaccia and drove down to the restaurant and handed the sous chef my bread and my resume again - and i never heard from them again.... i didn't think much of it until i kept seeing the press for the restaurant and suzanne won best chef los angeles - it is still my favorite restaurant and i look at her menu every few months to see what she is doing....

No comments: