Translate

Friday, March 13, 2009

I will eat cookies for food......

at times i am quiet - a lot of the time i am quiet, i observe a lot
my main curiosity these days or lately revolves around two things... behaviour and word choice - I'll start with the second one first - my father is brilliant - he never graduated from high school but instead went to college at age 16 - he grew up in a time where they taught latin in public schools and children were forced to not only learn poetry but retain and recite on command classic poems - which to this day he still does - some 60 years later..... he has a love of words and their origin and derivations - we would read the dictionary together - and i still do that on occasion - so i write as well as cook - and my main purpose in my writings is choosing my words - even when i tend to repeat my words - when i write it is planned -

so my world is consumed with words - so much so that i am constantly listening to people - and making judgment not on what they say but what words they choose to express themselves - and i think wow did they really mean to say that word - do they know what that word really means - i wonder if they know i am picking apart this conversation

the words you choose say as much as the ones you leave out -

another one of my interests right now is behavior - or really the interaction between males and females - i have a lot of female friends - i think more than the usual male does - and the majority of these friendships are purely platonic - because i believe sex complicates things - anyway my current obsession with the interaction of males and females is this thing called mirroring - and this is so fascinating - i indulge myself daily to see if this is valid - and it is

my favorite test of mirroring is when i look at a person ( female usually ) i will raise my eyebrows upon greeting and 90% of the time the woman will mirror my actions - this insures that we are on the same page and we can continue....

No comments: