Translate

Friday, March 13, 2009

people i have cooked for....


I was watching a pbs/bbc documentary today about black hollywood - and all of these images and memories came flooding back - not only about black hollywood - but hollywood in general - I used to work at the famous Beverly Hills Hotel, the only way in the kitchen was to take the graveyard shift - which was 9pm to 5am - it sucked but I benefited from it so much - after 11pm there were only two cooks in the kitchen and after 1 am it was just me - cooking for all of the after hours crowd and overnight room service - it was an interesting situation - because the maitre 'd who is mexican - would alert me when any famous black person was in the dining room and let me come out of the kitchen and meet them, which included Chris Tucker among others - I remember him the most because he would come back frequently mostly on my days off and ask for me - can you imagine coming back from your days off and someone telling you - " oh chris tucker was here yesterday looking for you. " and this continued - all through my career..... even in Tucson i seem to be always cooking for someone who i've seen on tv..

some of those I've cooked for.... Bobby & Whitney, Sean Combs & Jennifer Lopez, Shaq, Geraldo Rivera, Jay-Z, the black dude from Buffy the vampire slayer and his ghetto ass girlfriend, restaurant owners, notably The Farm in Beverly Hills, Bishop Noel Jones, Tyler Perry, Adam Sandler, I even taught Garret Wong how to make sushi in my sushi class in Sedona, Garret Wong played Harry Kim in Star Trek : Voyager. The list goes on......

No comments: