Translate

Monday, July 14, 2008

food - obligitory

i guess about once a week I will give out some sort
of food idea, or helpful hint - or something
but part of me doesn't want to turn this into a " food blog "
for one there are so many food blogs that are full of shit
and i have been cooking pretty much non stop since 7/06/94
that i am due for a break.....

ok it is sort of known that I make really good focaccia
like Ali who is studying at the Culinary Institute of America
to become a chef still bugs me about my bread - i told her that in your school
there must be some good bread - she said no

The recipe alone is very simple
now a days I don't even use a recipe

but here it is....
( I'm not really worried about giving it out )

back story I first started making this bread when I was back in DC working at
Susan Gage Caterers - rated at the time one of the top three caterers in the area -
so i'm pretty positive that Al Gore has eaten this bread....


focaccia

4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 Tablespoon Sea Salt
1 1/2 Tablespoon yeast
2 1/4 cups Warm Water

( looking at now I usually put in more salt )

no - this is not good for a bread machine
yes those are all the ingredients

and the major key of this recipe is no kneading
as soon as all of the ingredients are combined
let it rise for an hour, put the dough on a heavily oiled pan ( oilve oil )
and let it rise again for 20 minutes
put more olive oil on top of the dough before you bake it
and bake at 375 for 20 minutes

good luck

No comments: