Translate

Saturday, July 5, 2008

writing

hrough dog's eyes
( symbiosis)


we were born on the same day
a gift from my mother
we were supposed to be twins
twin souls - but i absorbed you
and you now live through me

i walked this earth for your benefit
telling you tales - of my heartaches
the 18 years - all of the miles traveled
the 18 years - only one owner

i am near the end now
and i have no new stories
i sleep as much as i don't know ( now)
my limbs are akimbo
on the cold cold linoleum floor

my pace has slowed
after only two thirds of the final stage

i'll survive if you survive
but
i'm dying because you're dying
i can't go on if you are no longer with me
my heart can't take it

i lay my head down - close my eyes
you leave my body as i await
any semblence
of life before you
or without you
whichever makes more sense
whichever happens first



written after watching a show on animal planet about a dog going into
anaphylactic shock as her heartworms were dying

No comments: