Translate

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

genius

I've been called a genius before - like once - but i am taking it out of context.
I made this dish in Sedona when I worked here. I t was a puffed peach pancake with maple butter and brown sugar sour cream, and I believe the quest commented that the dish was genius - not necessarily me - but i came up with it so does that make me a genius.

The " pancake " is not really a pancake per se - but more of a very light waffle -
the eggs are separated and the whites are beaten to stiff peaks and folded into the batter - and baked in a ceramic tart pan - imagine a ramekin but like 12" in diameter and 1" tall - the peaches were carmelized in brown sugar and put in the bottom of the pan and the batter is put on top = the rest is well pretty simple - of if i find the recipe ill post it. - but this was like 5 years ago.

anyway - i also won best breakfast in america - and oddly enough i've been gone two plus years and they are still using my recipes.

No comments: