Translate

Saturday, June 7, 2008

do you remember that time...?


my memory is strange.....
maybe because i have so much shit in my brain - I have to filter through
daily... - that inevitably - things get misplaced - but its more of random
things -

like today I went to the apt complex office to renew my lease -
( yes tuscon you got me for another year )
fully aware that it takes time to do the paperwork - so i told them i would be
back later in the afternoon - i nearly forgot and it was less than 2 hours later

and if i take a nap in the afternoon - whatever may have taken place before the nap
is lost...

or even scarier - i talk to my parents and or other siblings and they tell me stories
about family gatherings - and i always say where was i - or how come i don't remember that always assuming i was gone - but most of the time i was there but i guess not fully present

( i have been away from home since 1998 - going on ten years now - I've been home like 4 or 5 times in that span - and never on a holiday - my last birthday I was home and the last time i had been home for my birthday was before then so 1997 I'm guessing? )

but i do remember meeting people - like years ago and it was only for 5 minutes
but i remember everything - the conversation etc

and a lot of my memories are food related - like i remember the first time i ate fresh tuna
it was at the lighthouse restaurant in virginia beach
it was an appetizer of tuna nuggets - yep like chicken nuggets but way better

and sometimes certain smells remind me of say - french toast at summer camp when i was
12 years old....

so i don't know if other's minds are as jumbled as mine - maybe 14 years of all of the recipes i've done and forgot about - i'm assuming those number in the thousands - at least

I'd like to just set aside some room for non food related memories - which right now are getting fewer and fewer

No comments: